The first session of this six-week series will be held online. The remaining five classes will be held in-person at HSSV. Attendance at the Week 1 orientation is mandatory. If you miss this first session, you may not be allowed to attend the rest of the course. In addition to talking about how dogs learn and addressing common behavior challenges, we will go over the training methods and equipment that you will need for our onsite sessions, and the class protocols for the rest of the course. Please note that no make-up sessions will be offered.
This course will be in 2 easy parts:
- Week 1 (orientation) will be a Zoom video conference. You will not need to use your dog for this portion, but you’ll be able to ask questions and get to know your instructor.
- Weeks 2 through 6 will be held in-person at HSSV.
Conditions permitting, this class is scheduled to be online for the first week, then onsite for the remaining 5 weeks. If, for whatever reason, it is not possible to meet onsite during a designated onsite week, the class will again meet online that week.
This class is open to all puppies 8 weeks to 8 months old. Our goal is to provide a safe, fun learning environment that will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to successfully work with your puppy!
Things to know before registering:
1. Your puppy must be between 8 weeks - 8 months by the start date of the class.
2. Your puppy must be up-to-date on his vaccinations by the first day of class.
3. The first class is a human's only orientation.
4. Class will run for 6 weekly sessions, meeting on the same day and time of the week. This class starts on Wednesday,December 7th from 7:55 - 8:45 PM.
6. Please note this class will NOT meet on December 28th. The last class in this six-session series will be on January 18th.
5. If you'd like, read more about the class details.
Please note: Adopters and HSSV Volunteers receive discounts on training. If you have a complimentary training or qualify for one of our discounts, please reach out to email@example.com to get your code.